• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland
A sample of a song Burn Me with guest singer from Myrath ;)

Ship of Doom below with Guest from Van Canto as well ;)
https://m.youtube.co...r&v=tedHKhYFij8

Serena

Serena
  • Moderador
  • 2650 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationSpain

Sounds promising!!!

Tiranu

Tiranu
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGermany

On Friday, they released "Call of Destiny". You can stream it on Spotify, Amazon etc.

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 605 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

Yes I like it better than We Are Murderers but I feel this one is also too similar to Epica. Even the chorus reminds me of Sancta Terra, but I like it.

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Nightwish, Epica and Within Temptation album!

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland

Whole album sampler http://www.nuclearbl...dimensions.html
What you think about the songs? For me it's going to be really nice album ;)
Call of Destiny music video :)

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2334 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Nice song! Nothing super special but good!  Dianne sounds and looks awesome! I hope the rest of the album will be great. While I really like Dianne I didn't like Sacrificium as much as NE. While there are some great songs on it I felt like i wanted something more.

Werewolf

Werewolf
  • Members
  • 223 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationOregon

"Call of Destiny" is a very fun song.  It took a couple listens for "We Are Murderers" to start growing on me, where as I liked this one immediately. The video is kind of bad, but at least it looks like they're having fun. :P In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting my preorder!

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1139 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia
They remade Oceanborn and now Wishmaster too? :P jk, but song sounds straight from 2000 from a composition standpoint.

The production is very good though, I'm very impressed.

Save Deep Silent Complete! ---- Why Nymphomaniac Fantasia is better than Endless Forms Most Beautiful (The Song)

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 605 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

They remade Oceanborn and now Wishmaster too? :P jk, but song sounds straight from 2000 from a composition standpoint.

This sounds more like Epica than WM. In The Dark Sirens (and The Dark P/Floperas) they say that Xandria left the Xanwish era to become Xandrica XD

Neverworld's End reminds me a lot more of DPP and IRum rather than OB and the Tarja albums.

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Nightwish, Epica and Within Temptation album!

Aniron

Aniron
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Awesome video! Gives me a huge grin. Very nice song too. Now that we have We Are Murderers and Call Of Destiny, I am really curious what else they have for us. ^_^

The production is very good though, I'm very impressed.

Hehe, I think you have a point there. :D

I don't listen to Epica, so I am not able to see any similarities to this band. However, the album NW reminded me a lot of Nightwish with Tarja and I have to admit, this was the reason I started listening to Xandria. Now, they have their own style and with Dianne someone who is on a high professional level. They do their own thing and I just have to love them.

Sig%20NW-Forum_zpscr63nhiu.png

Follow the madness, Alice you know once did ...

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1139 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia

. Now, they have their own style

Nah :P They used to, like, 12 years ago. They sold their soul. But can't hate on them, they are still of a higher quality than the median. of course that's easy to achieve with the best vocalist on the genre.

Save Deep Silent Complete! ---- Why Nymphomaniac Fantasia is better than Endless Forms Most Beautiful (The Song)

Werewolf

Werewolf
  • Members
  • 223 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationOregon

I'd say the keyboards remind me of Nightwish, while the choirs (especially at the beginning) and the rather heavy part right before the guitar solo remind me of Epica.  "Call of Destiny" is a nice mixture of the two sounds as far as I'm concerned. :P

Aniron

Aniron
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Nah :P They used to, like, 12 years ago. They sold their soul. But can't hate on them, they are still of a higher quality than the median. of course that's easy to achieve with the best vocalist on the genre.

I am not sure if you are serious. But I don't think at all that they sold their soul.

Changing style is not bad for a band. I often saw how awesome bands changed their style to the worse. They became softener in order to get a broader fan base. With Xandria, it is the other way around to me.^^ I cannot stand the old stuff.

Sig%20NW-Forum_zpscr63nhiu.png

Follow the madness, Alice you know once did ...

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1139 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia
They focused on copying other bands instead of growing onto their sound. Imo.

Symphoniker

Symphoniker
  • 661 posts
  • GenderNot Telling
  • LocationIllyria

And.Aahasverus nailed why I don't like Xandria that much nowadays. You can say they became harder and heavier, whatever. But at the risk of sounding too hipster, their first two albums with Lisa were really unique. All the Eastern influences, even Lisa's voice was really unique. They even had Lisa growl on Snow white. And live, they were out of this world. I saw them live waaay back in 2006, and it was really magical. I fell in love with them. But hey, they changed singers really fast and started to fade into oblivion and suddenly they come up with the perfect plan to become relevant again: To appeal to nostalgia. And so, they hired a classical trained singer and remade Oceanborn, just in a time where Nightwish (and many other bands, including Tristania and Epica) were abandoning that style of singing. And, so they became relevant again, by sounding like Nightwish and/or Epica. They lost their identity and what made them special to begin with. They may sound heavier, they may have a good singer, but for me they are another band of the bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users