• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland
A sample of a song Burn Me with guest singer from Myrath ;)

Ship of Doom below with Guest from Van Canto as well ;)
https://m.youtube.co...r&v=tedHKhYFij8

Serena

Serena
  • Moderador
  • 2700 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationSpain

Sounds promising!!!

Tiranu

Tiranu
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGermany

On Friday, they released "Call of Destiny". You can stream it on Spotify, Amazon etc.

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

Yes I like it better than We Are Murderers but I feel this one is also too similar to Epica. Even the chorus reminds me of Sancta Terra, but I like it.

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Xandria, Delain and Lacuna Coil album!

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland

Whole album sampler http://www.nuclearbl...dimensions.html
What you think about the songs? For me it's going to be really nice album ;)
Call of Destiny music video :)

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2341 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Nice song! Nothing super special but good!  Dianne sounds and looks awesome! I hope the rest of the album will be great. While I really like Dianne I didn't like Sacrificium as much as NE. While there are some great songs on it I felt like i wanted something more.

Werewolf

Werewolf
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationOregon

"Call of Destiny" is a very fun song.  It took a couple listens for "We Are Murderers" to start growing on me, where as I liked this one immediately. The video is kind of bad, but at least it looks like they're having fun. :P In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting my preorder!

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1141 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia
They remade Oceanborn and now Wishmaster too? :P jk, but song sounds straight from 2000 from a composition standpoint.

The production is very good though, I'm very impressed.

Save Deep Silent Complete! ---- Why Nymphomaniac Fantasia is better than Endless Forms Most Beautiful (The Song)

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

They remade Oceanborn and now Wishmaster too? :P jk, but song sounds straight from 2000 from a composition standpoint.

This sounds more like Epica than WM. In The Dark Sirens (and The Dark P/Floperas) they say that Xandria left the Xanwish era to become Xandrica XD

Neverworld's End reminds me a lot more of DPP and IRum rather than OB and the Tarja albums.

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Xandria, Delain and Lacuna Coil album!

Aniron

Aniron
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Awesome video! Gives me a huge grin. Very nice song too. Now that we have We Are Murderers and Call Of Destiny, I am really curious what else they have for us. ^_^

The production is very good though, I'm very impressed.

Hehe, I think you have a point there. :D

I don't listen to Epica, so I am not able to see any similarities to this band. However, the album NW reminded me a lot of Nightwish with Tarja and I have to admit, this was the reason I started listening to Xandria. Now, they have their own style and with Dianne someone who is on a high professional level. They do their own thing and I just have to love them.

Sig%20NW-Forum_zpscr63nhiu.png

Follow the madness, Alice you know once did ...

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1141 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia

. Now, they have their own style

Nah :P They used to, like, 12 years ago. They sold their soul. But can't hate on them, they are still of a higher quality than the median. of course that's easy to achieve with the best vocalist on the genre.

Save Deep Silent Complete! ---- Why Nymphomaniac Fantasia is better than Endless Forms Most Beautiful (The Song)

Werewolf

Werewolf
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationOregon

I'd say the keyboards remind me of Nightwish, while the choirs (especially at the beginning) and the rather heavy part right before the guitar solo remind me of Epica.  "Call of Destiny" is a nice mixture of the two sounds as far as I'm concerned. :P

Aniron

Aniron
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Nah :P They used to, like, 12 years ago. They sold their soul. But can't hate on them, they are still of a higher quality than the median. of course that's easy to achieve with the best vocalist on the genre.

I am not sure if you are serious. But I don't think at all that they sold their soul.

Changing style is not bad for a band. I often saw how awesome bands changed their style to the worse. They became softener in order to get a broader fan base. With Xandria, it is the other way around to me.^^ I cannot stand the old stuff.

Sig%20NW-Forum_zpscr63nhiu.png

Follow the madness, Alice you know once did ...

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1141 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia
They focused on copying other bands instead of growing onto their sound. Imo.

Symphoniker

Symphoniker
  • 663 posts
  • GenderNot Telling
  • LocationIllyria

And.Aahasverus nailed why I don't like Xandria that much nowadays. You can say they became harder and heavier, whatever. But at the risk of sounding too hipster, their first two albums with Lisa were really unique. All the Eastern influences, even Lisa's voice was really unique. They even had Lisa growl on Snow white. And live, they were out of this world. I saw them live waaay back in 2006, and it was really magical. I fell in love with them. But hey, they changed singers really fast and started to fade into oblivion and suddenly they come up with the perfect plan to become relevant again: To appeal to nostalgia. And so, they hired a classical trained singer and remade Oceanborn, just in a time where Nightwish (and many other bands, including Tristania and Epica) were abandoning that style of singing. And, so they became relevant again, by sounding like Nightwish and/or Epica. They lost their identity and what made them special to begin with. They may sound heavier, they may have a good singer, but for me they are another band of the bunch.

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland
Ok new album is leaked now... Soon I will be listen to it ;D
Theater of Dimesions title track is so epic! It have circus esque ;) It can conquer with THP song with Epica :) For me Xandria long track is better

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2341 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Sooo I just listened to ToD twice. Mind=Blown! Wow i loved it! Much better than Sacrificium imo! Some amazing tunes in it. I need to give it more spins. And Dianne is amazing!

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland
What you

Sooo I just listened to ToD twice. Mind=Blown! Wow i loved it! Much better than Sacrificium imo! Some amazing tunes in it. I need to give it more spins. And Dianne is amazing!

What you think about ToD track? ;)

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2341 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Loved it! Still need to listen it a few times more since it's almost 15 minutes long so many things to digest. But i love the circus vibes and Henning Basse sounds great with Dianne!

For me there's not a bad song yet!

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland

Loved it! Still need to listen it a few times more since it's almost 15 minutes long so many things to digest. But i love the circus vibes and Henning Basse sounds great with Dianne!

For me there's not a bad song yet!

Yes,the songs are very good but I think it will be still partly thoughts of fans

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

Still I'm not so familiar with the album, when I hear it better I will give my opinions but the songs are great or at least good! CeilĂ­, Burn Me and A Theater of Dimensions are fantastic! :D

Undertow

Undertow
  • 77 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationNorway
I've had one listen to the album. It's a lot to take in. It felt very progressive and theatrical. Great vocals from Dianne. She really got to show her versatility on this album, and not to mention theatrical skills. I'm left with the feeling that I haven't quite heard anything like this. Sure, they might borrow some elements from others, but overall it sounded fresh and different to my ears. I'm intrigued to listen again, so that is very promising!

Anyway, that's a few thoughts after just one listen. Will need to listen several more times to form a proper opinion.

Edit:
I might have been influenced by the title track in the end as it was quite something else I thought. And it's what was freshest in mind!

Werewolf

Werewolf
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationOregon

I must say, I'm rather impressed with this new album!  It's more diverse musically than "Sacrificium", and Dianne (naturally) sounds fantastic.  I absolutely love the title track, and "Burn Me" is great too - hope a Xandria/Myrath tour happens at some point, particularly in the USA. :P

Speckofdust

Speckofdust
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationPoland
The whole Lyrics of Theater of Dimensions :)

https://hardmusicbas...y_vypis&s=56080

P.S. The whole Where Heart is Home lyrics below:
When Heart is Home
Thou art my shelter when sorrow calls
Thou art my unknown grave where I belong
My heart and heaven refrain from song
Until I'm guided into thy bright

Bloodred lines against my ivory skin
Hear my heart still beating from within

Bridges may burn heavens might fall down
I will return I will be homebound
I'll cross the land the boundless sea to sail towards thee
Shelter of bliss saviour of my soul
You are my world you are my unknown grave
Where my heart is home

Slowly sinks the blade into my chest
Lift it up to bury in your hands

With every beat away from thee
I say my rhyme and take my leave

Where my heart is home

Hush be silent no tears nor tempest sighs will do
Don't weep don't plead only thy bright eyes

Once I walked with destiny but that was all in vain
Now love does have a name
Lift my beating heart out of its chest
With you it can be laid to rest

Where my heart is home home where I belong

Thou art my shelter
Thou art my saviour
Thou art where I belong

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2341 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

One week and I still love this album! A Theater of Dimensions is probably my favourite! Especially "A Parallel Sphere" and "A Battle of Minds" with its perfect "vocal battle" between Dianne and Henning and the circus part! And i really like that they included the story in the booklet! Another favourite is definitely Burn Me. Symphonic metal mixed with eastern music always gets me! Other favourites include Where the Heart is Home, Ship of Doom and When the Walls Came Down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users