Nightwish & Anette Media

• Please log in to reply
917 replies to this topic

mojo

mojo
  • 1085 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationOut Of The Woods Germany

Anyone ever thought about because of her huge ego and the always “I”, “Me” attitude, she made the small mistake to be to "demanding"? How about the "demanding" stuff overstepped the mark after some time? I’m not talking about a short period of time, more like a few months, even years. If you come around most of the time to fulfill those “demands” as best as you can, sooner or later you're reaching a certain point and then it ends like this: Nope, that's it. We’re fed up. Enough is enough. We're done here. Period.
I’m truly sorry but I’m not buying her pregnacy talk at all. It’s pretty easy to blame others for your mistakes and yes, I’ll take it even further. For my taste, this is a spoiled brat reaction and now the vengenace is mine.
Talking about the documentary. You can’t compare the Showtime, Storytime documentary to the EOAE documentary. Tarja and her management looked over the whole thing before it was released. I clearly recall the delay for the release date for a bit because Tarja’s management needed a few things to be clarified before the release. So AOs mumbling about “Huu, I didn’t wanted to look bad in the documentary..etc.etc.” sorry for being blunt but that's just utterley stupid. You haven’t looked at the documentary for one tiny, little second at all? Excuse me??? Please, do me a favor and just shut up about it and move on. Period.

I know for sure a few people now wondering how an admin of the official english Nightwish board can put something like this? How dare him!!!
It’s quite easy. I’m totally fed up with her slippery interviews and comments since the split, including changing her own statements quite a few times, depending on the direction where the wind blows!

BBQ Is A Religion!

Halinian

Halinian
  • 256 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationLowest Country of the World

@ Admin who speaks his mind; it's good. Honesty is always good, hypocrisy not.

About Anette not taking it the classy way. I am a bit disappointed in her, because Anette and the band made a lot of beautiful music together imo. And in the end I really liked her and still do... but this is a bit of a turn of.

Personally I dont mind so much who sings the NW songs... Tarja, Floor, Anette, because Marco is still the best of them all... :ph34r:

"Every atom in your body was born in a heart of a star." (Marco in nightmail of May 2012)

Joana

Joana
  • 416 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

There’s no doubt that the controversial firing of former Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon in October 2012 made her out to be the bad guy,

I don't understand this. The firing was done in such a way as to look like it had been a mutual decision; in what way was Anette made out to be the bad guy?

26-Oct-2005/28-Aug-2009

*Proud member of the TCWSIASOP club*

Smoking stinks! If I see you smoking I get a strong urge to assume you're on fire and that I should act accordingly (T.K.)

Thanks Joana, you're like one of those people who work in the Make A Wish Foundation :)

Ursa

Ursa
  • 129 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationFinnmark, Norway

I was wondering how long time it takes before she admits that she was "afraid" of Floor (because of NW-fans' reactions), now I actually give her a little more credit after this interview. For me too it seemed quite obvious why she didn't accept this "substitute". Hearing the crowd scream Floor's name instead of band's name in concerts kind of proved that it wouldn't be easy to come back and again be compared with a singer who can sing in classical style and has lots of experience from metal world.

Otherwise, her statement "I was fired because of my pregnancy" now turned into "without my pregnancy this wouldn't have happened". Which of course makes sense. But it should be clear for a grown-up woman that getting pregnant during the world tour does have some consequences. You can't deny the group taking a replacement, and if this replacement needs to be able to step in so quickly as in this case, it must mean he/she is really good!  :giggle:

Take the road less traveled by, leave the city of fools
Turn every poet loose

Kathleen

Kathleen
  • 709 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationSeattle

Seems the article has come out in Metal Hammer UK: http://instagram.com/p/kAAkqmjOmI/

I can read some of it from the picture, but maybe someone in UK can fill me in?

I joined these forums in 2006 and have been sporadically active since then. I just can't stay away!

Nienor

Nienor
  • Members
  • 796 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationBulgaria

Yes, promotion for the upcoming album is needed... I'd say BADLY needed... :/

Let it be prog...

Nicky

Nicky
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationGreece

I just wish Anette had kept a low profile and not trying to gain sympathy by playing the victim once more...

Forgive me for I don't know what I gain, alone in this garden of pain
Enchantment has but one truth, I weep to have what I fear to lose

Come, drink deep let the dam of mind seep
Travel with great élan, dance a jig at the funeral

Theodora

Theodora
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationSerbia

Well she, probably doesn't know to do that ...i mean keep a low profile. And after watching last video from FJ thread i can somehow understand her fear. I mean...just look at that record...FJ is ultra pro...Even, i got in my pants from that biography. Its like...i dont know how to compare,hmmm...Today we are driving a solid Mercedes, and tomorrow we say...listen from tomorrow we are jumping in Ferrari.... :rolleyes: . Well maybe comparison isn't in place, but i see like that.

Self censoring removed. Please remember that the no swearing rule applies to that too. - Dandelion

Hevein

Hevein
  • Members
  • 281 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg
Regarding the interview in Metal Hammer, there isn't that much new info besides Anette telling she's glad she didn't open up last year cause back then she'd have told a lot of bad stuff cause she was upset and angry, and that she wants the truth to come out. She said they haven't spoken with guys since the split, not even about her being fired and all that, it was her manager who received a letter with "She's out". Then she insists on "it wasn't a nice way to treat an ill and pregnant person".
And than the interviewer tells issues started long before that, with loyal nw fans hating Anette and her being totally unlike Tarja vocal and appearance wise (how these two things are supposed to be bands's issues I don't know, especially when band was quite vocal how glad they are for Anette being a different kind of person).

I think these interviews, in fact, lack some really yummy spice, especially when you read those screaming headlines (MeNaiset) and promising descriptions of what to come from the interview. Anette wants the truth to come out, well, then where is it? "Boohoo, i was preggy and they were nasty", "I didn't know touring can make you alone and miserable, why noone told me beforehands?". Seems like there are no more hidden cards in her hands she can play with while revealing the truth, rather than the victim and poor pregnant naive girl. I'm sorry if this was nasty, it just seems so fake to me.

sahara

sahara
  • Moderador
  • 1622 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationMonterrey, Mexico
It bothers me that she insists with the pregnancy thing, to be pregnant is not some kind of illness, maybe this could sound too cruel but all of her statements sounds like ''feel pity about me because I had a baby on my belly'' I don't see pregnant women like weak persons or something. I just don't understand her point in this matter, she thought everything was fine and the real problem started with the pregnancy? because I see it like that.   :blink:

And if that was the ''real'' reason, I don't know, sue the guys or do something instead of go to the press, I think in those countries there are laws too about these issues.

''Music cleans souls everyday'' (Tarja Turunen)

''We have to keep the love going and music is the clue'' (Tarja and Floor live at MFVF)

Magnus

Magnus
  • 4303 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationSweden

At the end of the day, she's only hurting herself and her own potential album sales. If she had played her cards right and handled this like an adult, she could have had a decently successful solo career but as it stands, I'd be very surprised if her album doesn't totally bomb. I think she has alienated such a big chunk of the Nightwish fans who used to support her an who gladly would have continued to do so.

Nicky

Nicky
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationGreece

Thank you Magnus: I couldn't have said it better. I did support Anette from the start and I'm one of the fans that have been alienated by her interest in mud-slinging, her 'I'm the only victim here' attitude and her notorius luck of class. She shouldn't have spoken in the first place and be above this position she brought herself into. She would have saved her dignity and pride but no, Anette prefers to be the martyr of the evil men who didn't know how to behave and treat her, or treat their front ladies in general, the same men who brought her in the spotlight 7 years ago. If it wasn't for NW, we wouldn't even know who she was, talk about her and help her have a career. Did I say career? Good luck with that.

roestseel

roestseel
  • Members
  • 1706 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Am I the only who thinks the reason why the boys released a statement saying it was a "mutual decision", is because they wanted to keep Anette from the bad light? Hmm.. Can I explain why? Because with their first singer, it was 4 vs. the singer. While in this instance, it was a mutual way of parting ways, meaning, (let's say) they really wanted to keep her but both parties agreed on this decision (parting ways). Am I making any sense or do you get my point?  :unsure:

WinterHeart-273

WinterHeart-273
  • Members
  • 375 posts
  • GenderNot Telling
  • LocationFinland

@sahara

Anette cannot sue Nightwish for "firing" her, because her dismissal was in fact a termination of a business relationship between Anette's company Momma Anka AB and Nightwish's company Scene Nation. Nightwish's company bought singing services from Anette's company, and Anette was not an employee of Nightwish, so labour laws protecting e.g. pregnant employees from firing are not applicable here.

Nicky

Nicky
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationGreece

I think the mutual statement would have kept not only Anette but the guys as well from the bad light. It would also keep the media hassle to a minimum. At least it showed me that they learnt from the fall-out they had with Tarja.

roestseel

roestseel
  • Members
  • 1706 posts
  • GenderMale

^ Yes, and at the same time. It will keep both of them esp. Anette being criticized for all the dirty laundries. Oh well.. Only if she haven't made any talks about it, I guess some people would still feel bad about what happened. But it's her who creates this disaster, badly.  :(

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham

I'm just trying to work out what she is thinking.

Isn't this suppose to be promotion for her new album? Because when I'm reading these publications, it seems that more effort is going into talking about her time with NW than Shine. Sure reporters are going to try and push it because we know how much reporters like posting drama, but surely a response such as 'NW is my history and I've learned a lot, but the future is my solo and that's exciting so let's talk about that' is a wiser route and dare I say more grown up approach.

I mean, wasn't she writing a book about her time in NW. She can write whatever she likes to her hearts content there, why sacrifice what could be nice articles about her career future with talks that are starting to make her look bad. To me it just reads unprofessional. She can't be so insecure that she thinks that she needs to talk about NW and the split etc to get media attention for her solo surely?

I understand that she feels hurt and wants to get her story over, but with every interview I read (and the inconsistencies from them - which someone pointed out examples earlier) it reads more like a cry for attention to me.

I'm not saying who was in the wrong about the split and I'm trying to look at her interviews with an unbiased view, but I just can't understand her taking the route she did.

Posted Image

roestseel

roestseel
  • Members
  • 1706 posts
  • GenderMale

You know what, I'm quite happy before that she's not saying anything in the media or even in her blog about her parting ways with the band (let's say few months after her dismissal). Yes, she's bitter and she feels bad about it but, upon looking at her blog earlier those days made me realize that she moved on, and she doesn't need those publicity. And I thought that they kept in touch, 'cause I don't see anything she posted something harmful against NW, at least when I used to visit her blog (OOTDs and daily living and hobbies).

I do think it's upon her management that controls her right now? Or maybe not. Because I don't see any sense of crying of bitterness after one year of dismissal. I guess it all started when NW camp confirmed that Anette won't be a part of the STST DVD.

Maybe if she made those interviews, let's say, few months after it was announced - it would still be considered an aftershock effect to her upon loosing her job. But why would she have to wait for one year? Is it her manager's advice? For promotion? If it is, the people behind this idea are nuts.

lyvea

lyvea
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationGermany

She can't be so insecure that she thinks that she needs to talk about NW and the split etc to get media attention for her solo surely?

Oh, I guess she is. Otherwise, why would she talk about the split in each article where she is supposed to talk about her album? She probably thought that telling her version of the split would be the best way to catch the attention of the media. Yet it was surely not the right decision, as for the moment, her statements about the split are more heavily discussed than her upcoming album...

You know what, I'm quite happy before that she's not saying anything in the media or even in her blog about her parting ways with the band (let's say few months after her dismissal). Yes, she's bitter and she feels bad about it but, upon looking at her blog earlier those days made me realize that she moved on, and she doesn't need those publicity. And I thought that they kept in touch, 'cause I don't see anything she posted something harmful against NW, at least when I used to visit her blog (OOTDs and daily living and hobbies).

She made many "hidden statements" on her blog. Sentences like "no woman should be fired because of her pregnancy" can be found there. To me it gives away how bitter she has been since the split. I would have been really surprised to hear that they were still in touch.

mods: I didn't want to double post, but I didn't find the way to quote a second post while editing mine.

No worries. Posts merged. - Dandelion

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham

This was pointed out earlier but words were tough to make out so here is a larger copy of her Metal Hammer UK interview. Not a lot different and again, erm Anette... you're suppose to be promoting a solo album right?

teXuaWv.jpg

Posted Image

Baki

Baki
  • 2493 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGermany

I suppose she knows that Rammstein uses an army-size arsenal of fireworks and bombs on stage?

I joined the original nightwish.com forum on 3rd February 2003, and have made there exactly 3,091 posts. Then I joined the Nightwish-world forum on 28th August 2009, and made there exactly 451 posts. I joined this forum on 4th December 2011. I couldn't care less how many posts I am going to make here.

WinterHeart-273

WinterHeart-273
  • Members
  • 375 posts
  • GenderNot Telling
  • LocationFinland

This Anette Olzon's interview in Metal Hammer is again a bit different from the previous ones and contains at least one point which I cannot believe. Anette says: "The fact is that we haven't spoken, not even when they kicked me out, it was an email to my manager: She is out."

According to what Anette told Carl Begai and what the NW guys and Troy Donockley have told the guys and Anette had arguments and rows since the guys decided to ask Floor to step in as a substitute singer (according to Floor they asked her on 20 September 2012). The differing opinions of Anette and the NW guys became clear to both parties, and they ended up in a deadlock situation. To solve the problem the NW guys fired Anette and they or their manager sent  Anette's manager a formal letter where Nightwish's company Scene Nation Oy terminates their contract with Anette's company Momma Anka AB (Anette certainly received her copy of the termination letter). The contract between these companies was a formal paper, termination of the contract also needed to be done in a formal way, it certainly was not just "she is out" to Anette's manager.

After the formal termination of the contract the NW guys needed to ask Anette whether it is ok to say in the press release that they parted in mutual understanding.  Anette approved it. Tuomas and Troy? (I have not yet seen the documentary) wrote a proposal for the press release and needed to ask Anette whether she approves it or wants to change something. The parties had to change information at the time of the dismissal and if Anette had something to ask, she  had an option to do that. I also suppose that they had some practical, business-related matters which needed clarification.

Hidden In Silence

Hidden In Silence
  • Members
  • 223 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationAustria. No kangaroos, just cows.

The contract between these companies was a formal paper, termination of the contract also needed to be done in a formal way, it certainly was not just "she is out".

If my limited quantitative experience with work relations is any indication, the core of that formal termination might actually be "You're out." Not that I don't agree with you (I can't really imagine that there was no talk at all, but that may just be me being me), but in essence, termination of such a contract typically doesn't really need more than that. I know, I know... if there are some special (e. g. financial) clauses in the contract, they are usually addressed, but this is all for formality's sake.

Aside from that, I have pretty much the same impression. Actually, I would have liked the article to be more concerned about the actual release - but as it has been stated before, quality journalism is hard to come by. Sadly, I have the impression that in the metal cosmos (and its surroundings) must articles are about "juicy" and "dramatic" topics and in-depth (call it "off-mainstream", if you will) are especially rare.

Rathma

Rathma
  • Members
  • 286 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationToronto

Discussions about a substitute came up and at first I was like ‘Yeah, well…. okay…’ but when they mentioned Floor it was an automatic ‘No’ from me. I didn’t think it was a good idea because I knew what would happen; I knew the fans would love Floor because she’s a metal singer and I’m a pop singer, and I wanted to keep my job.

That's all I need to hear. It's hilarious that she is actually deluded enough to think fans would welcome Floor simply because she has a metal background, not because she is a better singer. She must know deep down that's the reason why.

Morrigan

Morrigan
  • Members
  • 7503 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationTurku, Finland

It's probably both, and I can't really blame her considering Floor is pretty much a total package of a 100% metal goddess, and well-known and loved to boot.

ETA: I'm glad she has dropped the childish hints and conducts herself more maturely and sympathetically now, but she does need to keep her story straight and be actually honest. Especially considering her pregnancy. She can't be so naive to think that getting pregnant right in the middle of a huge and important world tour wouldn't cause problems.

Member of the Official Nightwish Message Boards since 2003. Reconverted fan since October 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users