"Creative Hiatus"

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2334 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

"material already done"? a bit hard to believe imo but who knows.

GhostHell

GhostHell
  • 869 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationBrazil

Yes, and it means that we may have material somehow linked to EFMB on the upcoming album. Or it can also means that such material is written, but not recorded or even demoed yet.

Proud member of the nightwishforum.com since Wednesday, the 28th of May 2014. Also served as moderator for the official Portuguese forum during two years. Is kinda fanatic for Nightwish. :)

Gaia88

Gaia88
  • 127 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationFrance

For me, "creative hiatus" means that nobody will be doing anything related to music. No writing or rehearsals or anything. Just a total break. Well deserved, of course.

Maybe we'll have a new album with real love songs this time .

*cheese hunter*

WhiteRaven

WhiteRaven
  • Moderators
  • 623 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationEnchanted Forest

The official Russian fanclub wrote on Facebook that they met the band at an airport in Voronezh. Tuomas said that Nightwish will take a break with material already done for the next album and that we'll have new music within three years and a half. Also, the content for the live DVD/Blu-ray is ready and it should be released right after the tour.

If there are any errors in the translation, please correct me.

It's the other way around - basically Tuomas said that they're not coming back from their break with something already prepared, so the wait for any new music is gonna be 3-5 years. 

Cristermo

Cristermo
  • 876 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationSpain

The original is in Russian and we have to rely on Google translations, which means rubbish translations. I have seen the Spanish one and it doesn't say anything about material already prepared, it just says NW won't released anything soon, or something like "they won't have prepared material to release", which doesn't make much sense, but I understand that they have nothing prepared to be released now and that we'll have to wait from 3 to 5 years to listen to something new. For me it's clear they will have a Sabatic Year in 2017 and will start preparing the new album in 2018.So 2019 will be a probable year for the new album.

Show me slowly what I only know the limits of

WhiteRaven

WhiteRaven
  • Moderators
  • 623 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationEnchanted Forest

The original is in Russian and we have to rely on Google translations, which means rubbish translations.

I speak Russian  :)

cardtricks

cardtricks
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

This is necessary and well earned. They have been maintaining a breakneck schedule and Tuomas must be creatively-exhausted after Scrooge and Endless Forms.

I wish they could adopt a less intense schedule for the next album cycle but I'm not sure they can, given their global appeal. 

I wish them the best and I can't wait for the next album!

In the meantime... maybe we'll get a new ReVamp album :D

It seems a shame to me that Floor just came in, sang on one album, did a tour (and a half) and is now forced (or whatever) to take a "creative hiatus" along with the rest of the band. I wonder how she feels about that. Hopefully we will see a new ReVamp album, or something else new from her.

My fall will be for you....

netsuff

netsuff
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Few days after the end of the "Imaginaerum Tour" she startet touring with Revamp (lasting to Summer 2014) and then the SummerCamp for EMFB started. I would also be happy with something new from Revamp but she really should take an extensive phase of relaxation after nearly 4 yaers of being "on the road" ...

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2334 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

This is necessary and well earned. They have been maintaining a breakneck schedule and Tuomas must be creatively-exhausted after Scrooge and Endless Forms.
I wish they could adopt a less intense schedule for the next album cycle but I'm not sure they can, given their global appeal. 

I wish them the best and I can't wait for the next album!

In the meantime... maybe we'll get a new ReVamp album :D

It seems a shame to me that Floor just came in, sang on one album, did a tour (and a half) and is now forced (or whatever) to take a "creative hiatus" along with the rest of the band. I wonder how she feels about that. Hopefully we will see a new ReVamp album, or something else new from her.
Well after an extensive one and a half year world tour I don't think she'll mind a break.

Magnus

Magnus
  • 4292 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationSweden

I believe Floor mentioned in an interview that she's been thinking about whether or not she wants to start a family, and that if she does decide to do it she'd prefer for it to be within the next couple of years. I'm sure she'll manage to keep herself busy either way.

July

July
  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

The break between albums is going to be something around 4 or 5 years.

That might sound long, but it has been normal for the band so I don't see

any problem with it. I rather wait for the new album a bit longer and get

a great album than force the band to bring another boring album sooner...

You speak from my heart :) The only thing I don't get is why they mentioned it this time. I mean, there was no need to do so. :huh:

A body is but a vessel for the soul. And the soul is but part of the 'Helix of Life'. The origins of all things that exist in this world derive from the 'Helix of Life'. Without it, vessels return to their source, and disappear. That is the absolute law of this world. Natural law. The 'Helix of Life'. The power of hope and calamity that brings about evolution. It's the power that brings about life's potential.” Katsura Hoshino

Nikki_S.

Nikki_S.
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationRussia

The official Russian fanclub wrote on Facebook that they met the band at an airport in Voronezh. Tuomas said that Nightwish will take a break with material already done for the next album and that we'll have new music within three years and a half. Also, the content for the live DVD/Blu-ray is ready and it should be released right after the tour.

If there are any errors in the translation, please correct me.

There're two errors, albeit I'm probably too late with delivering the corrections.

Tuomas' statement was just the opposite: the band won't be back after the break with new material already done. What's more, it will take from 3 to 5 years to record the next album, not 3 years and a half. 

t-aikatalvi

t-aikatalvi
  • Members
  • 365 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  

thanks for clarifying!

Dead to the world, alive for the journey..

Paradise poetry, with first now I'll be gone..

Love's strength standeth in love's sacrifice..

Stay by my side, until it all goes dark forever..

You are my path, my home, my star-

Gaia88

Gaia88
  • 127 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationFrance

Woooo, I  smell acoustic armageddon.  :rolleyes:

GreatEye

GreatEye
  • Members
  • 188 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

5 years? Perkele.

Make Emppu great again! 

Troy is the new Yoko Ono

Ahasverus

Ahasverus
  • Members
  • 1139 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationColombia

Woooo, I smell acoustic armageddon. :rolleyes:

darth-vader-no.jpg

After a lonely album with floor? That would be madness. In that case I'd take the remakes,, anything. Floor deserves the best time of Nightwish, not the tail end.

Save Deep Silent Complete! ---- Why Nymphomaniac Fantasia is better than Endless Forms Most Beautiful (The Song)

Serious Sam

Serious Sam
  • 1279 posts
  • GenderNot Telling
  • LocationGermany

5 years? Oh come on now, Beethoven would have written ten albums (and a few symphonies to keep from getting bored) in that time. Where is your competitive spirit? :P But yeah, what is Floor supposed to do in that time? I mean this must be really weird, to be a professional singer and not be able to full time practice your profession for years (I mean full time is relative for singers since you can't sing for 8 hours a day, but still). I agree, let Floor re-record the old albums. 

EDIT: I don't get the joke about accoustic armageddon. They are still relatively young, they have decades ahead of them.

My music: https://soundcloud.com/altairograph

"Out of the dark, into the light, and I'll break down the walls around my heart!
Imaginations from the other side" ~Blind Guardian, Imaginations from the other side

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2334 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Once again I don't think it will be 5 years. 3-3.5 sounds more likely.

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 605 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

Once again I don't think it will be 5 years. 3-3.5 sounds more likely.

Yes, I also think that. They said between 3 and 5 years, not 5. As much I'd say 4.

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Nightwish, Epica and Within Temptation album!

MikelCarri

MikelCarri
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationBasque Country, Spain

Tuomas use to write in winter, then they go to the camp and start with the recordings. It depends on the time he starts writing, winter 2017 or 2018. So I think the next album will be released in 2019 or 2020 if they need a year to record the whole work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users