Epica

• Please log in to reply
1706 replies to this topic

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2334 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Can't wait to see them live again. I'm hoping that it will be sometime around April- May! :D

But i wish they'd just play a better setlist. I mean for God's Sake take The Obsessive Devotion off that setlist, Epica! It's been 10 years since TDC and you have been playing it almost non stop ever since. I mean they even stopped playing Cry For the Moon! Cry for the moon! I really like TOD but i'm so bored of it. A song from DYU like Burn to a Cinder would be great to exchange it with. Or maybe even sth from RFTI.

Can't wait for Ascension live though! :D

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 605 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

I think The Obsessive Devotion is fantastic live but I understand that people may be tired of it. From TDC I'd put Death of a Dream, an underrated song that was played live only twice. And I want songs from RFTI other than Storm the Sorrow. It is my least favorite album but it has some gems like the ballads (Delirium, Twin Flames, Avalanche...) and Serenade of Self-Destruction.

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Nightwish, Epica and Within Temptation album!

Damian

Damian
  • Moderador
  • 1160 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationRosario, Argentina

Although they played it throughout the whole RFTI tour, I still miss "Monopoly On Truth". Love those lyrics.

Dance of Fate, Resign to Surrender, Seif al Din, Run for a Fall. Here's hoping they play them again someday, but I know they won't :(

CenturyChild625

CenturyChild625
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUSA

It looks like they did cut out The Obsessive Devotion. But, they only replaced it with Sancta Terra, which they also play a lot.

I do hope as this tour goes on they bring back more old favorites, like they did with Mother of Light, which was in the setlist at the beginning of the NA tour, and then sadly dropped only after the Canadian dates.

8/29/2008- Philadelphia, PA      5/3/2009- Allentown, PA

9/16/2012- Philadelphia, PA     4/10/2015- Philadelphia, PA

5/14/2015- Silver Spring, MD     2/19/2016- Sayreville, NJ

Imagineer

Imagineer
  • 2334 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGreece

Yeah Mother of Light was a great adition. I think they are headlining the rest of the European tour (Powerwolf is only headlining German shows I think) so let's wait and see.

CenturyChild625

CenturyChild625
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUSA

^ I did not realize that. That's good to hear.

When I spoke to Mark in December, I asked when they were debuting "The Holographic Principle" live, and he said most likely in Europe. Jealous :P . Can't wait to see videos of that when it does happen.

8/29/2008- Philadelphia, PA      5/3/2009- Allentown, PA

9/16/2012- Philadelphia, PA     4/10/2015- Philadelphia, PA

5/14/2015- Silver Spring, MD     2/19/2016- Sayreville, NJ

WhiteLagoon

WhiteLagoon
  • Members
  • 605 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationArgentina

Dance of Fate, Resign to Surrender, Seif al Din, Run for a Fall. Here's hoping they play them again someday, but I know they won't :(

I want so badly Run for a Fall, it's my favorite Epica song. The last time they played it was like 7 years ago :( But they played Seif al Din at the beginning of THP tour so I still have hope! :D

El Sendero de los Elfos - Symphonic Metal blog :) Vote for your favorite Nightwish, Epica and Within Temptation album!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users