• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

elysianne

elysianne
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDurham
So four years ago, give or take, Nightwish came to Brixton.
There grew up around that event, on the old old forum, such an intense period of obsessive planning, inside joking, creativity and excitement, that by the time I got to Brixton on that fated day, I felt like the people waiting in line there were old friends already.
The five or so hours during which I queued were spent singing, drawing, eating, drinking, and laughing almost constantly. It was pretty much an epic street party. It played a massive part in what was one of the best experiences of my life.

Basically, I want to do it all again!
Anyone coming to the Brixton gig, I aim to be there... pretty early... to start queuing, and I would love some company to help get the party started!
I would also (if this is the correct place) like to use this topic to plan and generally enthuse about this meeting of like-minded souls until it should occur...

What say ye?
"Dark hair for catching the wind, not to veil the sight of a cold world" - T. Holopainen
"Live your dream beneath the Northern horizon, be at peace, set your heart in flight again" - Anathema
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." - A. Huxley

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham
Hello fellow Brit from fellow area of Durham... small world scary!

There is going to be a lot of us in the UK fan club hanging around all the UK venues, and Brixton is included so we will see you for the party

Posted Image

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationPainted on the side of a Spitfire...
ELY!!! *glomps* Hello, fellow-Forumbat, we missed you!!

I'm not going to the gig but I may very well be up for recreating queue shenanigans just because....I'll bring Sydney! :P

Official Forumbat Mommy and Lederhosen Toaster Groupie // Mother of the Poetry Forum and Curator of All Wisdom

Queen in the North, Jon Snow's Wildling Woman and Ygritte Worshipper // The Serial Killer Queen

I come bearing opinions and snark...

elysianne

elysianne
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDurham
Yayyy Nocturna! I just got back from Australia and saw some wombats in the wild and thought of you :) twould be so nice to see you again!
"Dark hair for catching the wind, not to veil the sight of a cold world" - T. Holopainen
"Live your dream beneath the Northern horizon, be at peace, set your heart in flight again" - Anathema
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." - A. Huxley

SwansongForARaven

SwansongForARaven
  • 146 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK
I should be okay for the Brixton gig, going to be a busy week though!

We need a password to identify ourselves...Could I suggest toothpaste?
Amy Lee worshipping Goth, resident Evanista and dragon slayer!

Yappo

Yappo
  • 607 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationCumbria (Troyland)
Arriving ridiculously early to spend the whole day cooped up with a bunch of people who would clearly be more at home in Bedlam? ...Can't think of anything better!

Toothpaste?

"Oh go on, have another hob nob." "Doooh, you are eevil!" "Don't you start on me!"

So yeah I do music an' that

elysianne

elysianne
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDurham
Wombat, my dear ones, wombat.

Tuomaslotte

Tuomaslotte
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationOver The Hills and Far Away
Sounds like a great idea, I'll be getting there a bit later since it'll be depending on the uni timetable and what my boyfriend wants to do :P
Keep rocking
Tuomaslotte

Rozzy

Rozzy
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouth Norfolk. U.K
I'll be at Brixton! im sure i will recognise a few faces, see you there.

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock

Wombat, my dear ones, wombat.

Toothpaste call sign, Wombat response. I see we've let our top secret communication techniques slip away. :(

Looking at it, should be getting a pay day just before to give lee way for scone making :D

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationThe Burial Place of the South Folk
I will be there for sure...I have my ticket...somewhere safe :unsure:
I'm always up for queuing antics...last time was outrageous, I still can't listen to Bohemian Rhapsody the same way.

Ely, it's been too long, I can't believe you are coming out of hiding for this one!!!

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
Ahhh, I'm getting a sudden rush of nostalgia and a keen desire to make stickers....

Then again I'm also getting a sudden longing to yell "shout out to the Brixton Massive!" which clearly indicates that I am insane.

When's the gig (what? I told you, I'm not actually going for the BAND!) - I'll squizzle the time off work so I can come queue with you all and then get really weird looks from people when the doors open and I just go "byeeeeeee!!!" and walk off :P

Official Forumbat Mommy and Lederhosen Toaster Groupie // Mother of the Poetry Forum and Curator of All Wisdom

Queen in the North, Jon Snow's Wildling Woman and Ygritte Worshipper // The Serial Killer Queen

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham
mm scones. I already have some people wanting me to take them hot chocolate to the front of the queue as they plan to be there early. Maybe I should put a sign on my back 'general dogsbody' or something

Posted Image

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock
It's compulsory on these occasions for somebody to take on "mother" duties. I'm glad to see Carol has volunteered for that! I miss forum meet ups where someone sits there rolling their eyes at our stupid behaviour, while passing round the flasks of hot drinks!

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham
Well I'll be at all the shows playing waitress most likely. Going with another admin from UK club so I do imagine will be fun filled (maybe that might have to do with the amount of vodka though).

Posted Image

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationThe Burial Place of the South Folk
Come on Carol, you should know better than putting vodka in hot chocolate...everyone knows it's spiced rum in hot chocolate, and scotch in coffee! I've still not found a great alcoholic addition to tea, unless it is Chai, in which case, spiced rum again!

I'm not an alcoholic really, just a connoisseur

SqueelingPigsRule

SqueelingPigsRule
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationDorset
Hi all, what time is everybody gonna queue up at? We're heading from dorset and can't wait to see the show! C'ya all there :)

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham
I know some people who are going to be there from 4...

Posted Image

SqueelingPigsRule

SqueelingPigsRule
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationDorset
cheers carol for the info. hopefully the train will be running on time and my wife and I will have enough time to get to the hotel then to brixton with enough time to queue. hopefully to quote a verse from a maiden song, time will be on our side lol

elysianne

elysianne
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDurham
I am now coming back out of hiding all over again seeing as so many old faces have cropped up :) I am very, very excited. I will be bringing Anna (y'all from the original queue will remember her) and an excitable bearded man. We will be there early. We may have leftover Finnish food from my Finnish birthday dinner. There will be happiness.

Any plans for ridiculous signs/banners/paper beards this year? :P

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
You will be glomped. I give you fair warning. And possibly whumped with a small wombat...

Yappo

Yappo
  • 607 posts
  • GenderMale

Any plans for ridiculous signs/banners/paper beards this year? :P

"Troy - you can blow on my pipes any day"

"Oh go on, have another hob nob." "Doooh, you are eevil!" "Don't you start on me!"

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
*sniggers*

Miche and I were going to have "I love Floor" and "I love Ceiling" banners, but I don't know how serious either of us were being at that point! i will bring Sharpies though, just in case...

snowhite

snowhite
  • 812 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationBrussels
Sooo I'll be there after all... :P

Snowhite is that girl you all hate because she has the meanz or something I don't understand.

So pray to Music, build a shrine - Worship in these desperate times - Fill your heart with every note - Cherish it and cast afloat
Cause god is in these clef and tone - Salvation is found alone - Haunted by its melody - Music it will set you free

Yappo

Yappo
  • 607 posts
  • GenderMale
woo snowy!

And can I get in on that and have one saying "I love wall"? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users