• 16 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationGermany
Edit: Sorry, no ticket sales through the forum -mojo

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationPainted on the side of a Spitfire...
yayyayyayyayyayyaaaaaay snowhite!!! Are you staying over with us as well in the hostel? Wheeee, we'll have so much fun!

Yappo - yes. Yes you can. Any volunteers for "doors", "windows" and "rooves"...?

Official Forumbat Mommy and Lederhosen Toaster Groupie // Mother of the Poetry Forum and Curator of All Wisdom

Queen in the North, Jon Snow's Wildling Woman and Ygritte Worshipper // The Serial Killer Queen

I come bearing opinions and snark...

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock
In the event of one of my trademark turns of heart... I'll get the fish costume :P

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationThe Burial Place of the South Folk

"Troy - you can blow on my pipes any day"

DO IT!!!

I am tempted to make a small banner...although I had retired from my banner-making days, I don't have long to do it either...hmm...how bothered can I be?

Carol

Carol
  • Administrators
  • 1825 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationUK - Durham
Go on Sardith will be a laugh.

Posted Image

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
Funny you should mention the fish costume, Lanky - I found the original Brixton thread in the depths of my computer the other day and was reliving the hilarity! :P

Wombats, stickers, cookies, beards, fish costumes, Yappo's trademark geniusness...who would have thought that from one little forum thread asking "who's going to Brixton?" would grow some of the most amazing memories and the dearest friends I could ever hope to have...

[/nostalgia]

Official Forumbat Mommy and Lederhosen Toaster Groupie // Mother of the Poetry Forum and Curator of All Wisdom

Queen in the North, Jon Snow's Wildling Woman and Ygritte Worshipper // The Serial Killer Queen

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock
Just make the banner Sardy, it's a five second job to scrawl on large piece of cardboard "I am FLOORd by U!". We don't need some dedicated fanboi/girl thing out of you. After all, he's already had that in my *ahem* beautiful poem as presented by Nocturna last time :P

Speaking of which, don't you go getting all sentimental :P

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
I can get sentimental if I like! Besides, it can't be vom-inducing if it's true, which it is. So there.

[/childish whine]

elysianne

elysianne
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationDurham
There is going to be dangerous amounts of sentiment. I haven't seen you guys for so long, that alone is making me jitter with excitement! Oh, and apparently there will be some Finnish guys playing instruments or something. We need to make it a queue worthy of another Yappo cartoon masterpiece :P I still have last year's printed out...
"Dark hair for catching the wind, not to veil the sight of a cold world" - T. Holopainen
"Live your dream beneath the Northern horizon, be at peace, set your heart in flight again" - Anathema
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." - A. Huxley

Maglor

Maglor
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLokeren, Belgium
I'm wondering what you Brittish people call early queueing? In some posts above, I read "from 4"... Does that mean morning or afternoon? In case of the last, 4'o clock in the afternoon is definately NOT early for me, rather very late xD

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale
The problem is, I'm at football on saturday and at some friends for dinner in the evening/sunday morning. It doesn't exactly give me much time. I normally spend days on my masterpieces!!!

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Early Monday unaccounted for. That's the lamest excuse for lamness I've ever heard... If I wanted to I could have a masterpiece prepared in no time what so ever and it's non stop in the life of Lanky at the moment :P

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale
I have football training tonight...I would only have friday afternoon really as I have a gym session thursday after work. Early part of Monday is allocated to sleep, I'm being picked up at 11.30!

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock
Jeez man, if you can't do papercrafting on a treadmill when can you papercraft?!? Honestly, they won't be that draining and I fully demand I see you on Monday, with a whacking great big banner, or else!

Alex

Alex
  • Fan Club Admin
  • 7 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationGlasgow, United Kingdom
I'm going to be at Brixton :D
It'll be great to meet some more UK nightwish fans! I'll be wearing my Islanders hoodie and street teaming from the early afternoon, so if you see me come say hello!

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale

Jeez man, if you can't do papercrafting on a treadmill when can you papercraft?!? Honestly, they won't be that draining and I fully demand I see you on Monday, with a whacking great big banner, or else!

Paper is for amateurs...I use fabric!

Will be good to finally meet you Alex...I will have my Islanders Tshirt on, so you wont miss me!

Edited by Sardith, 31 October 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
Dammit, all this talk of banners is making me want to get my sticker-making machine out again...Must. Resist. Temptation.

Hey, I wonder if the original wombat sticker is still stuck to the side of the Academy?!! I forgot to check when I was there earlier in the year...

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock
FIne, how hard is it to use those velcro fabric thingies on a treadmill? I miss them :( Although the image of Sardith there carefully sitting in the corner under his "sewing lamp" cross stitching a lovely little banner for Tuomas. He's such a sweetheart :P

Nocturna... MAKE THE STICKAHS!

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
Nooooooo!!! No stickers, no stickers!! I still have nightmares about the epic hissyfit I threw last time when my printer packed up and I had to handmake them!!

*rocks in corner whimpering*

Besides, if my physio is as brutal tonight as he always is I shall lose the use of my right shoulder/arm/hand for at least four days anyway. Seeing as how I can do nothing with my left hand (although me typing one-handed is HILARIOUS, apparently) there will be no stickers...

Jaime Lankyster

Jaime Lankyster
  • 842 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationLanky Rock

Besides, if my physio is as brutal tonight as he always is I shall lose the use of my right shoulder/arm/hand for at least four days anyway. Seeing as how I can do nothing with my left hand (although me typing one-handed is HILARIOUS, apparently) there will be no stickers...

Hmmm... Sounds like someone is getting an alibi planned for Saturday nice and early....

Nocturna

Nocturna
  • 1315 posts
  • GenderFemale
What EXACTLY are you planning on making me do on Saturday?!!! I feel very afraid...

And no excuse at all, just a painful fact. I like my physio, I really do, because he's helping my shoulder, but dear god the man is a sadist!! "Does this hurt?" "Um, no..." "How about now?" *contorts arm into ridiculously inhuman position* "OWWWWWWWW...oh, I feel better now!"

:P

I'm gonna have to find a wall to lean on at Brixton just to make sure I can stand up all night!

Sardith

Sardith
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • GenderMale
Alas there is no time for cross-stitch, next time though I will embroider something delightful for Mr. T

I have printed off my stencil for the banner, and I will start it, but there is no guarantee that I will finish it in time. We shall see.
The idea is good, but it's all about the execution!!! (oooh can we execute someone pleeeeeeeeeeease?)

Edit: Banner update...most of it is complete, just a difficult bit to do tonight. I had to get some ideas and advice from a friend at work who is into airbrushing, on how to get some texture to the last bit. Rynx got a sneak peak last night, I will post a pic when it is complete

Edited by Sardith, 01 November 2012 - 12:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users